Image Map

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Stitches Hand Towels

The art of cross stitching is lost, I say.

LOST!

Okay, that little rant is over. 

These hand towels were my last project for Creative Bloggers Got Talent. I suppose I should have chosen a different project, since I knew deep down that the art of cross stitching has gone by the wayside, but I thought these were soooo cute.




After I had stitched these, I sewed them onto a hand towel and then added a ruffle embellishment on the bottom. 

You know, I don't think people know how long it takes to cross stitch. Let me enlighten you: it takes FOR-EVER. 


Oh well. If you want to try your hand at cross stitching, it is really easy, just really time consuming. 


By the way, I got the patterns for these guys from Wee Little Stitches.

Sharing here: Reasons to Skip the Housework, Not JUST a Housewife, Tip Junkie, Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night, Creatively Living, Vintage Wanna BeeThe Winthrop Chronicles, Lil LunaGinger Snap Crafts, Rae Gun Ramblings, Oopsey DaisyNY Melrose Place, DIY Dreamer, How to Nest for LessKurtz Corner, Pincushion Creations, 36th Ave, 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, Gluesticks, Katie's Nesting Spot, Nap Time Crafters, One Artsy Mama, HodgePodge Life, See Vanessa Craft, 30 Handmade Days, Family Ever After, Tatertots & Jello, Lolly Jane, Be Different, Act Normal, Six Sisters' Stuff, Young & Crafty,                       

21 comments:

  1. that is so cute! i used to do some stiching when i was younger, but totally forgot how to... but very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! Thanks for linking up over at The Winthrop Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to cross stitch all the time years ago. It may take some time but I always found it a relaxing way to pass the time. Your towels are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Need the pb&j for my kitchen! :) -Jessica@Greenpbjs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute, I haven't done cross stitch for a while, but I used to love doing it when I had time:) I'd love to have you stop by and share this at What's New Wednesday, going now through Saturday night :)

    http://www.gratefulbelly.com/2012/04/whats-new-wednesday-four.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I have to admit, I don't cross stitch anymore since I got my embroidery machine. Why cross-stitch when you can embroider and wash dishes at the same time?? haha- these are great, though!! www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just about the CUTEST kitchen towels I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so CUTE!!!! Great idea!!! They would look fabulous in my kitchen... if ever you want to dispose of them hehe

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are oh too cute! I would LOVE to have you share these at my link party!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/04/homemade-by-you-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute! I really like the salt and pepper towel. I love cross-stitching. I just finished a picture I've been working on for several years (okay I don't do it a lot), so I need to find something new to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are SO SO cute!! I love the toast! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, and the colors are fabulous! Super cute. Yes, the art of cross stitching is lost. I don't have the patience for it, but, goodness! These are adorable!

    I'd love for you to link them up to Crafty Cousins.
    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-wore-sunday-week-11.html

    ~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

    Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I'm your newest Linky Follower and first time visiting your blog. Off to see the rest of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute! I used to cross-stitch in high school, and even did some in college. But it's been years now! I love your "modern" design :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think cross-stitch has gone by the wayside, there's loads of us out there that still do it, and yes, it does take a long time! These are really lovely, well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, these are just adorable! I love cross stitching, such a calming thing to do. The patterns are so cute, you did a wonderful job on them

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable!! I love cross stitch I am fairly new to it but it is relaxing and I just love the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! These are super adorable! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love the designs. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, these are adorable!! Really so cute. I have done cross stitch before and know it does take forever. That's why I don't do it any more. ha,ha. Good for you to stick with it. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am featuring these at our party tomorrow. They are just so cute! Stop by and grab a button if you would like. Thanks for partying with us.:)

      Delete

I love comments!!